Sunday, March 3, 2013

Imagination of a Creative Kid


Date:     February 24, 2013
Venue:  Outside CMAT Centre, Bandra

A bit anxious and a bit worried, I am standing outside the exam centre (for the umpteenth time) waiting for the janitor to let all of us in. It is when this good looking girl approaches me. She is fair and a bit taller than me (actually with my height just crossing five feet, most of the girls are taller than me). I start wondering why she wants to stand beside me.

But soon the secret unveils and she clarifies her motto and the conversation begins:

She:       Hi, are you here for CMAT?

I:             Yes (Short and Precise!)

She:       Actually, I am from ABC College of MBA and our College is about to organize GDPIs            for you guys on the basis of your CMAT results.

I:             Ah…  Okay

She:       So, can I have your name and number please?

I:             Nachiket, 9930…….

(Now with a bit difficulty she tries to pronounce my name and with an even greater difficulty tries to jot it down and like a good boy that I am, I come to her rescue)

I:             It’s
                N:           New Delhi
                A:            Ahmedabad
                C:            Cochin
                H:            Hyderabad
                I:             India
                K:            Kolkata
                E:            Ah… (Now what is E for???) Ernakulum
                T:            Tamil Nadu

I can clearly see a sigh of relief on her face after writing my Herculean Name. She smiles at me and hands me a copy of her college brochure.

She:       Thanks for providing your details; we will let you know if you qualify for the GDPI.

I:             Thanks, so are we done?

She:       Yes

The conversation actually ends here but the real conversation begins here not in person but in the most creative part of my body called The Head…

And here it goes:

I:             If we are done then, can I have a few details about you too?

She:       (A bit surprised) Yes, tell me

I:             What’s your name?

She:       Pooja (or Sonia or Katrina or XYZ… readers can imagine whichever feminine name they like)

I:           So Pooja, what do you study at (checking the name on the brochure) ABC College of      MBA?

She:       Finance (Short and blunt)

I:            Okay

She:       But why are you interested?

I:             Well, actually my parents are in search of a good bride for their only son and i.e. me. And to make     their life easy, I too have joined hands in this pursuit of theirs.

                So Pooja, I have clicked your photo through my eyes and have saved it in my heart. So, now if you can give me your number, I can inform you your result.

Before the imagination could go further, the clock ticks to 13:00 and the janitor makes a last call for the bloke called NACHIKET and thus this imagination ends here.

With this I leave the end of this imagination to my readers.

My well wishers can of course conclude this with the girl smiling at me and hence sharing her phone number (HAPPY ENDING!!!)

And those of you who don’t like me as such can think of any bizarre ending, after all it’s your creative mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment